June 12, 2015

Goodbye 20s! I'm 30 now.

Welp, yesterday I felt I should hurry up and accomplish something else before June 12th hit but now it's here and I am no different than yesterday.

I can't complain about my 20s at all, they were a wonderful decade and it's amazing to think about the person I was in 2005 - whoa!  That courdaroy jacket needed to be retired.  But I'd still like to know where it ended up.



This song was a hit when I was in high school, and while I hoped my own commencement would have a speech similar to this. It would not be, but that's a lofty bar to beset on a regular guy from Auburn, MA.

This song is taken from a Chicago Tribune essay by Mary Schmich, and resonates no matter what age you are.

On June 12th

  • 1838 - Iowa Territory forms (where my grandparents live)
  • 1880 - John Lee Richmond pitches first perfect game in Worcester (where I live)
  • 1923 - Harry Houdini frees himself from straightjacket suspended over NYC
  • 1942 - As a birthday present, Anne Frank receives a diary
  • 1967 - US Supreme Court unanimously ends laws against interracial marriages
  • 1981 - "Raiders of the Lost Ark" premiers 
Sharing a birthday with:

David Rockefeller, Irwin Allen, Samuel Z. Arkoff, George W. Bush, Anne Frank, Jim Nabors, Chick Corea, Hideki Matsui


No comments:

Post a Comment