November 24, 2015

Japanese Design Inspiration: Dairy Packaging

One of the things I scout for when traveling are retro milk bottles.

You know, I don't even eat much dairy anymore but I'm a sucker for the packaging designs.  Here are some things I particularly love to look for in Japan.

Image result for 明治ミルク昭和

 明治 Meiji Dairy Co. has been around since 1917.

A box for the milk man
牛乳宅配便


. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
Chichiyasu チチヤス is a dairy company that specializes in all things lactic.
Here are some or their beautiful packaging designs.

 

チチヤスヨーグルトの変遷 


。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。
森永 Morinaga Co. has a sour yogurt drink called "Mami" that I accidentally put in my cereal once thinking it was milk... 

Morinaga's mascot for a time was Homo-chan ホモちゃん

 

Homo meaning "homogenized" 

 
I'm excited to see what the antique fairs turn up!
Until next time ...  

No comments:

Post a Comment